Thursday, July 25, 2013

Les Fontaines, Honfleur

After visiting the Falaises d'Etretat we drove to Honfleur for lunch. What a spectacular drive through the Pont de Normandie. Althought the toll is around 5E, the views were really nice in sunny weather. Once in Honfleur we could park no problem and found plenty of parking. We walked to the port and started looking for one of the restaurants on my list. Les fontaines was on the top but we couldn't locate it. We walked in old streets until I saw another restaurant on my list but it was closed. I finally located one of the brasseries on my list, but while we were reading the menu, I looked to the restaurant next door and it was les fontaines. So we sat there as they had a table for us at their terrace. The meal was very good with soupe de poisson served with rouille and croutons, followed by shank of lamb confit on a puree and vegetables. Then a Creme caramel for me and a tarte tatin for my husband. His tarte looked and was delicious served with either ice cream or creme fraiche. A very good meal for 53E.
After lunch we walked in the port and there were some animation activities in sunny weather. Although touristy we found Honfleur to be a pleasant place.

No comments:

Post a Comment