Monday, July 29, 2013

Le Bistrot de Pauline

This bistro was on my restaurant list and we sat there for our last restaurant meal in Bandol on their covered terrace as the clouds looked bad. There were already 2 couples with very nice platters. While we were waiting a heavy rain started, so many people ran to the bistro and the waitress got overwhelmed. There were also tables reserved and it was a good sign. She is alone and her husband is cooking I believe. The wait was long, but we weren't in the hurry. She explained they don't use anything frozen all is fresh. I chose the Assiette du Pecheur and my husband wanted to try sardines. Our sone went with steak hache and frittes, we had to ask to cook more his steak. My assiette du pecheur was spectacular and delicious with fish, potatoes and seafood in a rich yellow sauce and creme on top. My husband enjoyed his cassolette de sardines served on a ratatouille with a good white wine. As the meal was excellent, we decided on a desert. I chose a creme caramel which came in a jar and was not as usual creme caramel, but certainly home made and very tasty. Even our son who usually doesn't chose this loved it. But he and my husband found even more delicious the tarte a la pomme served cold. They were just Mmmmm! while having it. The service was slow, but it is Provence and we weren't in a rush, but the food quality was exceptional. A delicious meal for about 65E. A very good choice for our last meal in Bandol.

No comments:

Post a Comment