Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Barbacane, Montreuil-Bellay

We walked around the castle a bit before choosing this brasserie facing the chateau.

The castle was closed as the television was filming a show there. In any case I wasn't sure it was worth 9E entrance fees.

I had duck parmentier and my husband a magret with cheries sauce. The parmentier was very simply presented but was delicious.




The magret was good, although I wasn't convinced by duck cherries combination. Fortunately the sauce was mainly on the side. I just loved the vegetable carpacio, it was very nice and very tasty. So good, I purchased a tool to make thin carpaccio slices later during our trip. The potatoe was delicious. The cheese plate consisted of 2 cheese pieces: 1 camembert and the other one a chevre. It was enough as the mains were big. Our son was happy with a pizza margarita, which unlike italian version was served with ham and was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment