Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dinner at Brasserie Toche, Bandol

Nice seafood and fish restaurant facing the port.

This was our last restaurant meal in Bandol and I wanted to try this nice restaurant. This restaurant is just beside Auberge du port and they share some of same items. Basically the same restaurant with a brasserie section. It is better to book especially on a weekend or a holiday.
I went with a menu and my husband decided on aioli, to sample food.
Our son had a child menu and his steak hache pas perfectly cooked after our instructions. The most impressive for him was how his plate was presented: he was served on a white rectangular plate his steak hache, his fries on the same plate in a big verrine and a smaller verrine of ketchup. His meal looked as high end sophisticated meal. He was very pleased with it.


My coquillages appetizer came very nicely presented on ice rocks and another plate on the side with garlic sauce which my husband liked better than aioli sauce, red vinegar with onions (this is exceptional with oysters, I had previously tasted that in Cassis).





I have to mention this place also serves spectacular boats of seafood for 68E for 2 to share, but my husband is not an amateur of raw seafood. My main dish was a loup (bar) fish grilled with fenouil (fennel) which came with a delicious sauce made from tomato pieces and herbs and vegetables on a side. My husband received a big plate with various vegetables and fish and aioli sauce. For desert it was eclair au cafe served with home made vanilla ice cream and vanilla and surrounded by grilled almonds and a coffee sauce.



A dinner for 88E for the 3 of us with a good wine. This highlights were seafood and the presentation of each dish which was exceptional. Recommended for seafood lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment