Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Brasserie in Brantome, diner

After our visit of Brantome in very nice and sunny weather, we walked around to chose a restaurant.


We went to Charbonnel at first, but a very nice lady there explained all tables on the terrace were booked and offered us a table inside. It was a Friday night, so it was normal, but we didn't feel to eat inside as the weather was so warm and pleasant. So we just crossed the small bridge and asked for a table at this brasserie. all first row by the river tables were reserved, but we could seat in the second row. still very pleasant.

I wasn't too hungry, so I decided on a lamb rack and we ordered a bottle of rose wine. My husband went with a 18E menu and our son chose the quiche which came with a salad and fries.



Many families were having their meal there, the atmosphere was relaxed. My husband chose gesiers confit salad which was huge, but very nicely presented and colored. I had to help him a bit with this appetizer. Then he had a duck confit and my lamb arrived in a big plate with small square fries and salad.



It was perfectly cooked, slightly rose and was very tasty.



Then my husband didn't have much room for a desert, so he gave his ice cream to our son. The ice cream was very nicely presented and was big. We could spend our evening there and could watch the boat fights (joutes).









Very good and pleasant meal in nice weather. I can recommend this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment